2.5 V6

If you mean the older "Mitsushitty" 2.5l V6 (as in the '96-or-thereabouts Stratus ES), yes: the timing belt on ours broke at 11 years and 85K miles, and it wasn't worth fixing. We donated it to our local rescue mission, which runs a job-training program for recovering alcoholics, drug users, etc., then sells the reconditioned cars to raise money to support its work; but even they ended up selling it to a wrecking yard. The manager told me that the company through which they offered (optional, extra-cost) extended warranties wouldn't cover these vehicles.

Don't touch one with a 40ft pole.

Perce

Reply to
Percival P. Cassidy

this one is a 200 yr model, and it appears to be a v6 but that's all i know.

yeah i recall the mitsu one. thought it was long gone by 2000 but could be wrong.

Reply to
rob

kf$ snipped-for-privacy@news.eternal-september.org...

2000 was the last year for this engine in the cloud cars. For 2001, the cloud cars started using the 2.7 V6, which had the infamous sludging problem.

I have two cloud cars, and they both have the 2.4L four. One did not have the newer MLS head gasket, so I had to have that replaced under a third party service plan.

KM

Reply to
KirkM

funny i had a tech one time tell me the 2.7 is fine if you run synthetic........ but i kinda doubt that will make the cylinder heads drain oil any better than before. every one I've ever gotten a hold of was a sludge monster.

i hear the jasper rebuilts have enlarged oil return holes.