2000 Concorde

Seems as though the driver's side window won't move any more. The car has

40K on it and we are going to sell it. Would this cost a lot to fix? Is it something we can do ourselves? Or, considering we are not the best of mechanics, should we just go to a dealer?

Thanks!

Rich

Reply to
richard birkett

Rich,

That is a fairly common problem on the LH vehicles.

I just happen to have an extra motor/regulator assy. sitting in my garage due to replacing the driver's door in my '99 Concorde (identical to MY2000) with one from a salvage yard. I only used the shell of the salvage door and transferred the guts from my original accident-damaged door into it, so I have the guts (including motro/regulator) from the totally undamaged salvage door. I had to apply power to the motor of the salvage door to lower the window during the disassembly process, so I know that it works.

Look at the clue in my signature to create my e-mail address from the munged one that shows above and e-mail me if you are interested. I will sell it to you cheaper than the best discount dealer pricing, comparable to what a salvage yard would charge, maybe a little less, and I've done the work of removing it.

If you are a relatively competent DIY'er (say, if you do your own oil changes and brake jobs), you could handle it. If not, you could still buy the part and have your mechanic put it in for little $$.

Bill Putney

Oh - one other thing before we (I) assume that the window lift motor is bad: These cars are also known for problems with the window sticking to the door frame gasket at the top. I never had that or the motor problem with my Concorde, but a lot of 300M's have the problem (same door AFAIK). Someone can post how to break the glass loose from the gasket if that is the problem (or do a google search on this ng - it's been posted several times before).

Also, there is a slight possibility that the window switch or related connectors are loose or corroded. All three problems (sticking gasket, bad motor/regulator, intermitent or loose electricals) are not unheard of with these cars (windows are a weak point in their design).

I would hate to see you replace the motor if that's not the problem - but if you rule out the other two possible causes, then it is very likely (almost certainly) a bad motor.

Bill Putney

Thanks Bill. I'll try the sticking window thing first this weekend, then look at the connections. If it looks like I have to replace the motor, I'll give you a note.

Appreciate your help!

Rich

Reply to
richard birkett