Driver's Side Window

Today, my 1997 C1500's driver's electric side window would not open. Where should I start the troubleshooting to determine the most-likely cause of failure. The passenger's side window operates just fine.

Reply to
George Del Monte

try lubricating the edges of the windows where it contacts the weather stripping. We had an old toyota that had this problem. You have to push down on the window with the palm of your hand while working the switch to get it down, then you can lube up the weather strip or the the window or both.

Reply to
Dennis Cox

Pull the door panel so you can get at the plug on the motor and see if it is getting power when you operate the switch, it it is, go get a new motor. If it isn't make sure there is power to the switch. If there is most likely the switch is bad, but if the motor is on its way out and pulling to much amperage that can burn the switch out as well. Whitelightning

Reply to
Whitelightning

If the temperature was below freezing, the window may have been frozen shut.

Reply to
Anthony B

Nope. It's not for a lack of silicone spray (which, BTW, I've done every year) all along the track that the window won't move down. I did that, say, a month ago. Yesterday, when I first noticed (I was gone from home for three weeks), there was NO noise from the window motor. Nothing. No humming, no clicking. Nothing. But thanks for the response.

Reply to
George Del Monte

Nope. Temperature was'n the problem, either. I live near the West coast of Florida. Thanks.

Reply to
George Del Monte

Cmon, we all know that the general has crappy window motors. That is the problem.

Reply to
Sigwings