2000 Voyager Trans. Question

I have a 2000 Voyager 4 Sd which is leaking oil from the transmission solenoid assembly. The cover has a warning not to remove the cover. I have two questions. Is there supposed to be oil in this assembly and what am I looking at getting in to it. I'm quite good mechanically so that doesn't bother me. I'm only concerned because at this point it is just a black box to me. I have no problem trying to fix the leak if it is possible.

Thanks in advance for any input. Steve

Reply to
Brenda & Steve

First look carefully at the 2 cooler lines running from the trans. Many times they leak right at the fittings and run down there. If that's not the cause than the gaskets may be leaking. On the 2000 there may be a sound shield (but I don't think so). There isa large connector (held in by an 8 or

Reply to
jdoe

Reply to
Jim Cronin