2002 Sebring Transmission - Help !

I have a 2002 Sebring LX (2.7 V6). The car has 40K on it. When cold, the transmission will not shift into any gear. I dont think its slipping, just wont shift - the engine just revs up freely. Basically, in the morning I have to wait for 2-4 mins for the car to warm up (I live in CT, we are talking about 20 degree weather here), before I it will shift. Once warmed up, it shifts nicely, in fact it is one of the smoothest automatics I have seen, it does not slip, and in general feels like a brand new tranny - the car is quite zippy. I just bought the car used, the dealer claims that this is normal for Chrysler trannys. Is that correct ? By the way, fluid level is fine. I have not changed the filter/fluid yet, but its my next move, unless anyone has other suggestions.

Reply to
Igor Cherepinsky

Bring the car to the dealer and tell him to fix it.

cold,

Reply to
Art Begun

Nonsense. My wife has a 2003 Dodge Stratus SE 2.7 V6 (basically the same car as the Sebring) and I have the 2004 Sebring LXi 2.7 V6. Your symptoms are NOT normal. Shifting is a little delayed when cold, but the engine should never go into a free-rev state. Tell the dealer to find the problem and fix it.

Reply to
James C. Reeves

Reply to
mic canic