2003 GrCaravan leaing trans solenoid - deductible

Hi My transmission solenoid is leaking , as per the dealer. It is covered under my 7 year/70000 warranty that came originally with the car. They state that there is a deductible of 100$. Can somebody confirm this. I thought deductibles are for extended warranties that you buy in addition to the original warranty. My warranty is what the car came with that year Thnak in advance

Reply to
cosza

You need to check, because weren't there years that customers had a 'choice' of warrantees. I seem to recall 7/70 with deductibles and exclusions vs 3/36 100%.

Reply to
Mike Y

That is the way it goes on the 7 year/70K.:grinyes: But you can call your 800 customer service no in owners manual. Or check for recalls on it. Good luck

Reply to
MT-2500

Pay the $100 and count yourself lucky. Even a rebuilt solenoid pack is at least $250 for the part alone. New it's probably a $600 part. I suspect you don't understand that this isn't just a single solenoid, it's a pack of them.

Ted

Reply to
Ted Mittelstaedt

New solinoid pack thru the dealer is $205 plus one hour labor to replace it and clean up the mess..

Denny

Reply to
Denny

Just out of curiosity, how many miles/kms on your van?

I have a 2002 GC, when I purchased it the oil underneth looked like the head gasket was gone. I purchased the extended warranty - and in the end the engine was fine - it was a leaky solenoid pack in the trans! It was literally PUKING fluid. Of course, I had the $100 deductable, but on my warranty that is PER INVOICE. I had about $1500 worth of work done, and paid my $100 with a smile! :)

I guess these solenoid packs leaking is a common problem. My van had about 93,000 kms on it at the time.

By all means double check the terms of your warranty. No need to throw away $100 if you d>Hi

Reply to
NewMan

God Damn who sets those damn prices! I had to replace the right rear Antilock brake sensor a while ago - $125 (and that was at cost) for that one and it's nothing more complex than a couple wires and connector and a Hall effect sensor.

No way in hell the antilock sensor cost someone half of what it cost to make a selonoid pack!

Just makes me even more determined to not buy dealer parts when the prices are so out of wack like this.

Ted

Reply to
Ted Mittelstaedt

My Van has 64000 Km. Never saw anything on the drive way. Just went for the regualr service and they told me about the solenoid leak Tx for the help

Reply to
cosza