2003 Town & Country Power Sliding Doors

My 2003 T&C Power Sliding Doors have on occasion (3 times)opened by themselves. Fortunately 2 of the times it was in the garage and the 3rd time it was parked out in front of the house. It is quite possible that the buttons on the remote are getting pressed long enough in my pocket or my wife's purse to attivate the doors. However, this still concerns me. I fear that the side doors or the rear power door will open sometimes while the car is in a shopping mall or motel parking lot and I am not aware of it. Having the doors locked makes no difference. On the 2003 T&C the doors will activate from the remote without having to unlock them first. It is my understanding that this is a change from the 2002 model. According to a salesman at my dealership on the 2002 you had to unlock the doors first and then open the power sliding doors. This makes a lot more sense to me. I thought that mine might not be working right, but visits to

2 dealers and checking out the 2003's on the lot confirmed that they all the 2003's work the way mine does. Does anyone have a 2002 (or possibly earlier model) that can confirm whether or not you have to unlock the doors before the power sliding doors and rear doors will open from the remote? I sure would feel a lot better if at least 2 buttons had to be pressed to open the doors. Or if there was a simple way (like a switch) to lock out this feature from the remote when at motels, etc. There is a switch on the console that will block the doors from being activated with the inside side post switches, but it has not affect on them working from the keyless remote.
Reply to
bobrobin

there is a inhibit switch getting set off causing the door to open back u= p again take it in and have the fault codes pulled

bobrobin wrote:

[...]

mic canic

My Avalon trunk is always opening by itself. Then the light stays on and drains the battery dry.

Reply to
Art Begun

My 2003 TC will not open the power doors or hatch until unlocked. I would perfer it to work like yours.

KS

"bobrobin" wrote in message news: snipped-for-privacy@localhost.talkaboutautos.com...

[...]

Kevin

Kevin,

Do I understand correctly that when your doors are locked you have to press the unlock button on the keyless remote first and then the power sliding door or rear hatch buttons to get them to work? What trim is your T&C? As I stated in my earlier post we tried 2 2003 T&C Limiteds on the dealer lot and they both worked like mine. If there is a way to get mine to work like yours I would like to find out what it is. Thanks for any addtional information. Bob

Reply to
bobrobin