2004 Sebring 2.4L V4 idle speed

I recently bought a 2004 Sebring with 30,000 miles on it. I just noticed that the steering wheel seems to viberate with the engine at idle. It's not violent, but you can still feel it. The engine stays at between 750 to 1000 RPM at idle when first started, but drops to between 500 to 750 after warming up a bit. The viberation gets more noticable as the idle speed drops. After driving for a while, the idle speed also sometimes fluctuate a bit at idle, just a little, but still noticable, as if the engine can't find the best idle speed or something. Anybody else has the same problem? Should I be concerned about this?

p.s. With my old plymouth acclaim, I could turn my keys several times and got the computer fault codes from the flashing engine light. Is there a similar trick with 2004 Sebrings?

Many thanks.

There is a computer reflash out for a problem you are experiencing. You would have to take it in to the dealer and have then check for any engine controller updates on this vehicle.

Glenn Beasley Chrysler tech

Reply to
maxpower

Two things come to mind....

1) Bad plug, missing on 1 or more cylinders. 2) Broken motor mount.

Cracked or broken vacuum would probably cause the idle to be more erratic or engine to die at idle, but that's another consideration. BTW, I had a Sable that had exactly the same problem and it was a bad plug.

Reply to
FLY135