2005 Minivans

I like them; of course, I have a strange liking for the minivans. Must be me getting older. I have a few questions, though.

A) My brother in law was looking at minis awhile back. He boiled it down to a used T&C and a Honda Odyssey. He got the Odyssey (He likes 'em) but while we were looking, I had him check carpoint.com to look at reliability issues. I expected Chrysler to have something about trannies. It did, but it said that for the past 3 years the trannies haven't been a concern and the quality has been good. It was nice to see they got that behind them. What shocked me, though, was that the Odysseys have been reported to have tranny problems for the past three years, and that Honda bumped up their powertrain warranty to a 7/100 to cover it. Sure enough, his had a 7/100 warranty. Has anyone heard about that? I never had heard of it, and it surprised me coming from Honda. I don't particularly like Hondas (I prefer torque with my engines) but had always respected them as very well built cars. It also surprised me I never heard of it. IIRC One of the things that hurt the Minivan vs. the Odyssey when the Odyssey first came out was the Chryco tranny problems. (Honda, IMHO, also puts lie to the old claim of the Chrysler execs that a small car company couldn't survive.)

B) There were rumors a few years back of a 230 or 250 hp 3.5 litre minivan. What happened? They have the engine, so why not? It would give them a boost vs. the Quest/Odyssey engines.

C) Finally, The previous redesign Chrysler said it wasn't going to have fold flat rear seats because they couldn't do that and have AWD. Have they figured out how, or have they sacrificed AWD?

Thanks!

Jimbo

Reply to
Jimbo

Yes, a woman that workes for me has a 2001 Acura MDX with 60,000 miles. The tranny went bad a couple of months back...$7,200 was the quote to replace it. She screamed bloody murder and Honda covered all but $1,000 of the cost.

| | B) There were rumors a few years back of a 230 or 250 hp 3.5 litre | minivan. What happened? They have the engine, so why not? It would | give them a boost vs. the Quest/Odyssey engines.

It's a minivan. Demographically, what percentage of mini-van buyers/owners are concerned about that much horsepower? I believe that the 3.8 engine acheives

230 horses today. My 1997 has the 3.3 that rated 165 horses back then and I've not had any horsepower problems...even driving on heavy mountain grades.

| | C) Finally, The previous redesign Chrysler said it wasn't going to | have fold flat rear seats because they couldn't do that and have AWD. | Have they figured out how, or have they sacrificed AWD? |

Good question...don't know the answer. Maybe AWD wasn't a big selling option?

| Thanks! | | Jimbo

Reply to
James C. Reeves

Reply to
mic canic

Honda screwed up 2 AT's.... one in the Odessey and the other in an Acura. They gave loaners when they ran out of AT's. Most customers forgave them for the screw up but some were really pissed off. Been a couple of newspaper articles about it. Honda does not let dealers open up the AT's for warranty repairs so there was a 2 month wait at one point for replacements.

Reply to
Art Begun

The AWD feature is history.

The Chrysler 300C, Dodge Magnum and Chrysler Pacifica will all offer AWD, so I don't think it will be a huge issue.

Final point - DCX Quality has improved significantly over the past three years. Ask any DCX Service Manager - Warranty Work is no longer keeping the shops filled.

Have a great week.

buyers/owners are

The Worlds Uncensored News Source

Reply to
Scott B. Hogle

I was looking at a few of the last 300m's on the dealer lot and they had obvious cosmetic quality flaws.

minivans. Must

trannies

engine

______________________________________________________________________ _________

The Worlds Uncensored News Source

Reply to
Art Begun

THAT comment really has a lot to do with the 2005 Minivans, doesn't it?????

Reply to
RPhillips47

Obviously you are not bright enuf to follow a thread. Maybe you should sell your computer.

The post I was responding to and you cut off from your quote was:

"The AWD feature is history.

The Chrysler 300C, Dodge Magnum and Chrysler Pacifica will all offer AWD, so I don't think it will be a huge issue.

Final point - DCX Quality has improved significantly over the past three years. Ask any DCX Service Manager - Warranty Work is no longer keeping the shops filled.

Have a great week."

Reply to
Art Begun

Yes, a**hole, I followed the thread and I knew what you were responding to.

and continued:

WHERE is the reference to 300M in the quote I cut off?????

Obviously you think what you say really means something. Guess what?????

Reply to
RPhillips47

Reply to
mic canic

What's wrong with it? Where do the problems lie?

--Geoff

Reply to
Geoff

REALLY?????!!!!! I haven't noticed any in mine and we have been driving it since Aug. 29, it now has 7,554 miles on it. When do these "more electrical issues than i can ever remember" start appearing or happening????? I find it quite interesting that you always post some kind of random comment like this, but when people ask you to define what you mean (like Geoff has done in his reply to your post - and I am asking now), you never respond. Why don't you turn your useless blather into something with merit, purpose and something worth reading?????!!!!!

Reply to
RPhillips47

first the t.p.m systems when it went to the 2004 from late 2003 build and the mexicans were putting 03 parts into 04's and i call them o3 due to the early build dates.plus there is 2 part numbers for the pressue sensors for the tires the seat modules are failing and are on national backorder.185 so far pcm's are on restriction due to a recall on the wiring and connectors for the pcm thats right a recall already and this doesn't include the keyless entry issue because someone did not put a fuse in correctly. now the cluster problems that is starting to show up

Geoff wrote:

Reply to
mic canic

Art is an import lover posing as a Chrysler fan. He's got nothing good to say about Chrysler products, other than the fact that he owns a 300M and he likes it better than his Avalon (who cares, Art? It just makes you stupid

50% of the time, rather than 100%) and that he's shopping for a Pacifica, or is it maybe a minivan, but Idunno, the quality problems, they make him ask a lot of stupid questions and give him plenty of opportunities to take a cheap shot at the American autoworker, nevermind the fact that the foreign brands he likes are also assembled in America. He's listed in the national dolt registry alphabetically before Lloyd; you can safely ignore his posts.

He's probably a liberal, too.

--Geoff

Reply to
Geoff