3.3 1993 Grand Caravan

Still trying to trouble shoot a small transmission leak from the drivers side cv axle. The seal has been replaced twice, the carrier is fine, the axle has been replaced twice.

Is it possible that the engine is not centered properly and the drivers side shaft is pulling out slightly from the trans and allowing fluid to leak out ? I intend to measure the axles distances to see if there are within specs. But was just checking to see if anyone else has ever run into this problem.

Thanks, Nick

Reply to
ncs

jdoe

Larry, the trans. guy said the carrier bearings were ok, no play, etc. How can I check them or does the trans need to be pulled ? If the bearings are bad, are you saying there will be some slop in the axle that will allow the seal to open up and leak ?

thanks, Nick

Reply to
ncs

Reply to
jdoe

Reply to
ncs

Larry, thanks for the response. The trans. guy said there was no slop. (I showed him your comments about maybe being the carrier bearings. and he knows his stuff). We also checked for other leaks. But I'm going to check again. If I don't see anything, he said to bring it back and he'd check again also. Something is causing this leak.

thanks, Nick

Reply to
ncs