300 limited gas cap holder

I have a new 05 300 Limited and one thing I noticed is there is no gas cap holder in the gas cap cover. All my cars, even my Hynundai has a place to hold the cas cap while fueling.

Can any other 05 300 Limited owners confirm if theirs has one or not?

thanks!

snipped-for-privacy@hirise.com

Reply to
The Commander

not sure on this model but my car had a small clip on the door, you hook the plastic cable ( gas cap to car body) over the hook

Reply to
Punch

Most Chryslers have a plastic string which is better. The cap just hangs from the opening.

Reply to
Art

Reply to
marlinspike

So you don't even have to think about putting the cap in a silly "cradle."

And in 12 years and 220,000 miles worth of fill-ups, my wife's car doesn't have any marks on the paint from the plastic gas cap hanging on its plastic tether.

Reply to
Steve

Steve has gotten the point..

my 03 Hyundai Elantra and my 02 Dodge quad cab BOTH have cradles in the filler door that you screw the cap in so that it does not it the paint or car.

So my question once again, specific to the Chrysler 300 Limited does anyone have a cradle. Of course my cap has a plastic tether that keeps it from being lost.

I want to make sure my car is not missing a piece.

thanks!

snipped-for-privacy@hirise.com

Reply to
The Commander

None of the Chryslers I have ever owned have ever had a gas cap cradle. Instead, all came equipped with the tether.

Reply to
Bob Shuman

I examined my paint with a microscope. No gas cap paint damage yet.

Reply to
Art

Reply to
mic canic

yes there is a plastic strap on the cap, but it hangs down and could scratch the paint if not careful.

I am going to come up with a modification then since nobody has an 05 300 limited I can compare too.

thanks

stan

snipped-for-privacy@hirise.com

Reply to
The Commander

Can you go to a local dealer and look at a 300 that is on his lot?

Reply to
Bret

Yes, I was going to do that also.

thanks