300c rentals

Asking if anyone knows where I can rent a 300c for a few days in the new york city area. Or even a short term lease for two weeks or so, but at least for three days. I recently purchased a few months ago an acura tl, an not happy with the ride. Very choppy, bumpy, almost too tight of a suspension for me. When I purchased this car, I test drove it, but didnt realize that after driving for an hour, you start to feel beaten up. I know the 300c has the tightest suspension of the 300 group, and I have test driven it, but before I sell the tl, and buy a new 300c, I want to make sure I give it a good test, to be sure I will be happy with it. I know the 300c suspension, or at least the ride, is nowhere near as taut as the tl. Otherwise the tl, is an awesome car. So, anyone know, where I can rent one for a few days. I tried new york exotic car rental, but the 300 they have is not the c.

Thanks for any help and replies.

Reply to
j.lef

Have you tried the majors? Don't just rely on their websites. They may have other cars on their books.

DAS

Dori A Schmetterling

Reply to
tim bur

I don't know where you can rent one ... but I will say this: My aunt bought one recently. She is the most car critical person I know (this one is too long, that one is too low, etc etc) and will not buy anything until she knows someone who has one and likes it or she absolutely loves the styling and has to have it.

Anyway ... she bought her 300C and cannot be pried out of it (except to go to work and sleep). I still haven't driven it ... and she has been to VA, FL, NC, SC and many other places in this car. Her problem is the gas mileage (I told her to keep her foot out of the gas tank and she'd be okay).

I am 100% sure you'll be happy with this car ... the C model anyway (who wants a V6 powered car that big?). It's not the fastest thing on the road, but it's nice ... real nice. It's basically a Mercedes with a Chrysler badge on it.

Reply to
Walter

What a silly comment. It's the power, not the # of cylinders. To be specific IMO the 3.5L V6 is the better engine for most people.

Now that's even more silly and requires no more further comment.

Reply to
Spam Hater

Speaking of silly comments .. When I mentioned the V6, perhaps you didn't know that there are 2 different V6 engines possible in that car ... depending on if you get the base or touring/limited model. With the Hemi V8 comes more power ... hence, my comments about not wanting a V6 powered car if one wants and can afford to buy a V8 powered car.

Perhaps you didn't know Chrysler bought Daimler Benz, forming Daimler Chrysler. Perhaps you also didn't know many models are quite similar. If you don't believe me, take a look under the hood of any Crossfire and find the Mercedes 3.2L V6.

If you're going to flame, at least be right about what you say/think.

Reply to
Walter

Just to add a comment, and to thank all those who have responded. With the 300 the engine size, is also directly related to the trim style also. So if you want an electronic tilt and telescopic steering wheel, you must go with the c. I am a tall fellow, and the scope of the tilt and tele on the 300c , is a greater range then on the others. Only the c, do I feel I have enough room in. In other cars, you can keep a trim level, and option an engine, but the 300 engine, is directly related to trim, and features.

Reply to
j.lef

Aint that the truth... and yet apparently it DOES need more comment...

And that makes the comment NOT stupid because? (By the way, Daimler-Benz bought Chrysler, forming DaimlerChrysler. However, the Chrysler Group continues to operate largely independently).

If you define "many" as "one" then I can't argue.

And that makes your comment NOT stupid because?

He was. Its NOT a "Mercedes with a Chrysler badge on it" anymore than a Ram 3500 truck is a Mercedes with a Chrysler badge on it. The engines (all 3 available- 2.7, 3.5, and 5.7) are Chrysler engines, not Mercedes. The transmission behind the two v6 engines is a Chrysler transmission, not Mercedes. The transmission behind the 5.7 is a modified Mercedes design, built in Chrysler's Kokomo transmission plant. The bodywork is Chrysler. The suspension is Chrysler-produced, the design generically based on the Mercedes E-class geometry.

How on God's green earth does that qualify as a "Mercedes with a Chrysler badge on it?"

Reply to
Steve

Actually it's pretty close to the fastest thing on the road in the large sedan class, there is certainly nothing under $60K that can touch it. I have a 300C AWD, the acceleration is neck snapping, so are the gas bills. The performance is exhilarating but the car does have some really weak points, the biggest is the tiny windshield. I have to lean forward to see traffic lights. The fuel economy is also awful, I'm averaging around

16MPG, I've gotten as high as 19MPG on long trips. When doing short trips, i.e 15 miles or less, it gets 13MPG. The smaller engines probably won't do any better, the problem is that the car weighs two tons. If you are coming from the Acura TL you'll also be disappointed with the Nav system, the TL has a much better user interface. I bought the 300C instead of the TL, which was the runner up for me, because I hated the seats in the TL, I found them painful and no amount of adjusting to could fix it, the seats on the 300C are much better.
Reply to
General Schvantzkoph

In the real world, it doesn't. In the world of slimy car salesmen who don't know or care a whit about cars, but who'll say anything *at all* if they think it'll prise a sale out of a potential customer, it does. I've walked into several Chrysler dealers and, studying various Chrysler and Dodge models while waiting my turn to pay for a purchase from the parts department, had salesdroids with too much hair grease and too much cologne sidle up to me and start yammering about "how good the cars are now that Mercedes makes them".

Reply to
Daniel J. Stern

Don't the Acura's require premium? How about the Hemi C?

I was looking at the Acura but when I heard about premium, I was and still am, undecided.

The one thing I really like about the C over the Acura and my 300M is the amount of headroom.

I did take one for a test drive and was impressed with interior room and performance. Still debating on what to do.

Ken

Reply to
NJ Vike

The Hemi runs on regular not that it makes any difference at todays prices, the delta is still 10cents/gallon which seems a whole lot less significant when when its the difference between $3.29 and $3.39 then it did when it as $2.09 vs $2.19.

Reply to
General Schvantzkoph

I am coming from the tl, and while the acura has a superb navi unit, if I had to buy again, solely on function, and not on looks, the truth be told, I usually leave it off, as it is just a distraction, is you have a good sense of direction, and a ten dollar hagstrom map. Better to save the 2000 dollars for gas. A lot of people I hear have complaints about the tl seats, but no me. I have a lot more headroom in the 300c and I am a tall guy, but when I went hunting for a 300c, I could not find one, without the moon roof. I dont use moon roofs, and also, the moon roof, takes about three or four inches of headroom out of the car. So I would up with the tl, at a much lower price also, but like I said, the ride has become brutal to me, and if you check threads on tl groups, you will see people who live in urban areas, with unperfect roads, are complaining about this, if they are past 19 years old. :) I have more leg room in the 300c also(I am long legged), and would actually get the 300 a step below the c, with the cushior suspension, but only the 300c, has the electronic, tilt and telescopic wheel, which believe it or not, has further axis of movement then the manual one, and only this makes the car comfortable for me. The electronic one is not on option, on any other 300. It only comes standard on the 300c. So this is my dilemna.

Thanks

Reply to
j.lef

I see your point but I was looking at how often I drive and for a period of over several years.

Still not an easy decision should I remove the premium factor. Both cars are nice.

Reply to
NJ Vike

Me too. And I gave him the same lecture I just gave the OP. Plus I told him that I hoped like heck that these new Chryslers weren't going to have to come with a live-in mechanic named Klaus like Mercedes should... :-p

Reply to
Steve

Now that Dieter Zetsche is taking over Merc cars and, later, the whole corp, we hope Klaus will soon become redundant.

DAS

Dori A Schmetterling

Yes, a bit like calling a Jag an expensive Ford Mondeo, just because it shares some parts. Not justified.

DAS

Dori A Schmetterling