300M clunk

So I've been trying to get the clunks out of my 300M for months now so I can give the car to my in-laws. First under the extended warranty. Now its on my nickel. Front struts were replaced. So was steering rack and some other odd pieces. At that point clunks became unpredictably intermittent and no amount of jostling the car or moving things underneath could duplicate them. On my nickel the bottom half of the steering column was replaced and the front struts were replaced again along with the bearing plates they sit on. Now the clunk is even rarer but still happens. The annoying thing about it is each time I remind the dealer not to overtighten the screws for the wiper trim but they always ruin the plastic blocks they screw into. Also each time the steering wheel is crooked when I pick up the car. I just left them the car to fix those 2 issues again. I will be giving up on the clunk and with the purchase of 2 Honda's, that will be it for Chrysler for a while.

Reply to
Art

I think, if you have a Toyota Avalon, you should give them the Avalon, and keep the 300 yourself.

What kind of guy gives his in-laws a CLUNKER, ART!!!?????

Reply to
Vash The Stampede