94 chrysler Interpid idle probs

we are recently having a prob with the idling of our crap intrepid. Seems it has taken on a new problem of reving up the rpm's to about 1300- 1500 rpms then dropping back down to 6-7000rpm's. there has been a few times that it will go so low that the car has shut off. Coincidently when i put it in neutral when sloing down to stop for a red light the rpms don't usually jump. anyone have any ideas? I am thinking that there may be a prob with the MAP Sensor...am i close?

Thanks

Reply to
emtecca

Can anyone help me out here at all?