94 Chrysler Town and Country ABS HELP! HELP!

I am in need of help. For the longest time now I have been hearing this bang come from the rear of my van when turning right or left. It doesn;t always happen, but usually does. I have taken it to every mechanic I can think of and noone can fugure out what the problem is. Van runs fine other than that noise.

Other problem........Last year I was having trouble with my abs light kept coming on, and tonight I was driving and it was raining. I was going down a hill, and I felt the van slide a bit even after I had applied the brake all the way, and instantly my abs light came on again, and hasn't come on in forever. I turned the van off and the light went out. I started it back up and I continued down the road, and as I stopped at a traffic light I heard a *LOUD BANG* in the rear. It only does it if you stop suddenly, or perhaps even normal stopping. I was afraid to stop normal again so I gradually stopped all the way back home.

It did this same thing last year, and had to have new relay. The old one was shortaged out, now I need a new one again. Problem is I looked under the hood and cant remember which one it is. They are all labeled and neither of them say abs relay. Is it possible that one of the other relays also control the abs.

Last question, If this doesn turn out to be the same problem as last year, just a relay.....what could be causing it to short out, and could it also be what is causing the bang I mentioned in first paragraph, which a new relay never fixes. Whatever it is it sounds like my tire is slamming into the body of the van when I stop. PLEASE HELP IF YOU CAN.

Reply to
Terry Lange

Great advice.....

Reply to