'94 LeBaron transmission question

I had it rebuilt at 135 K miles. About 15 months (14K) later, I had a problem with intermittent limp mode. I took it back, and asked him to check the sensors. He said he ran a scan and found nothing, then he dropped the pan, and found a drum all tore up--needs another rebuild. He said "They're making 'em out of aluminum now, and they don't last." I said let me see the part (the next day, AFTER I said go ahead and do it). He said "Oh, the scrap man came by and took it, but I'll show you some other parts."

Are they making crappy replacement parts now. or is this guy ripping me off?

Reply to
David James Polewka

This guy screwed up and doesn't want to admit it. His "Oh, they're making them out of aluminum now, and they don't last" line is horseshit, and his excuse about the scrap man is awfully convenient.

Reply to
Daniel J. Stern

I agree. Sure, they make crappy parts for rebuild, but there are also GOOD parts available. If this clown doesn't choose to use the good parts, it's his own fault.

Reply to
Steve