Lucas Oil Stabalizer...motor blew 10 miles after.

I added the Lucas oil crap and my motor lost all oil pressure, and motor started knocking and chattering less than 10 miles after use...... coincidence?????????????????????

Reply to
John King

Lucas Oil Stabilizer.................is that their super thick gooey formula? I mean really thick shit?

Year, make, model and mileage of your truck?

Doc

Reply to
"Doc"
1994 Chevrolet Silverado 4X4 177,000 miles....... once it warmed up the oil pressure would always drop down some, so I figured maybe the Lucas oil would help keep the pressure up (as they claim) and about 10 miles after adding the pressure dropped to zero and the motor started chattering because of the lack of oil getting pumped. Maybe the stuff was to thick for the tired old motor. Lucky I was close to the house and made it home before it locked up.... I started it back up later and the pressure went back up but the motor is still making awful noise still like it has no oil.

Reply to
John King

Well I just went outside and started it back up....after about a minute or so the noise stopped and the pressure was up.......could the oil pump pick-up screen have been clogged?

Reply to
John King

"John King" wrote

Who knows...? The question should be, "why do so many folks worry because their oil pressure drops down some"? Unless you can confirm that your oil pressure is dropping down to some very low reading, why worry about it? The engine wasn't noisy before this, was it? If not, you would have been better to leave well enough alone. All the oil thickners in the world won't help a terminally ill engine.

Ian

Reply to
shiden_Kai

My boses father had this syndrom. He also had an engine that would use oil. So he figured that he instead of topping it up with oil he topped it up with STP (the stuff like honey) that it wouldn't burn so much. My boss said he was in the car when it took it's final terminal breath, and that everything under the hood was glowing. When they tore the engine apart - the garage said "gunk wasn't even the word for it." I believe it had about 150K on it and had never had the oil changed in it's life. Just after the new engine was dropped in, the tranny started slippin. So he added some magic tranny fixer and forgot about it. I think something like 10K later (directions say to remove after

500miles or so I believe) that puked it's guts out.... hehe

~TLGM/KJ

Reply to
Lonely G-Monkey