94 Sundance - How do I tighten the timing belt

  1. How do I tighten the timing belt on a 1994 Plymouth Sundance - it has factory a/c and is currenlty at 30,000 miles
Reply to
Larry

Thank You the information is greatly appreciated. I just wondered if the sundance had an auto-belt tensioner.

Reply to
Larry

Thank You the information is greatly appreciated. I just wondered if the sundance has an auto-belt tensioner.

Reply to
Larry

Buy a service manual.

Reply to
Joe Pfeiffer

He said "timing belt". Not fan belt...

Reply to
hmmm...

Look again. He gave instructions for adjusting a timing belt.

On Tue, 11 Nov 2003 02:04:06 GMT, "hmmm..." spake thusly:

Reply to
Opus-

None of which are specified by Chrysler.

Reply to
Neil Nelson

On Tue, 11 Nov 2003 13:27:46 GMT, Neil Nelson spake thusly:

Still a perfectly acceptable method and specified by many other auto makers and most aftermarket service manuals.

Reply to
Opus-

There really aren't that many timing belt tensioners that aren't either spring loaded or hydraulically loaded, so the term "many" isn't all that applicable.

FYI, the author that you are agreeing with is the same person who endorses slathering the timing belt with silicone grease, and also endorses leaving all the timing belt covers off. Wish I had his mailing address, I'd send him a neck tie for Christmas.

Reply to
Neil Nelson

On Wed, 12 Nov 2003 12:29:10 GMT, Neil Nelson spake thusly:

Time is my enemy here, as it has been a considerable length of time since I changed a timing belt. The last one was in a Plymouth Turismo

2.2

Really? Had I known.........;-)

Reply to
Opus-

Great little cars...

He used to troll here under the name "Student Mechanic."

Of course, that all to easily morphed into "Stupid Mechanic."

So naturally he had to change it to Nunzio Numbnuts (or whatever he's calling himself this week)

Reply to
Neil Nelson

Amazingly enough, everybody's favorite troll actually gave one method that's both practical and useful (the half-turn-twist method). Though it was pretty well buried among the useless ones... I suspect that if he actually wanted to be helpful, he'd turn out to be a reasonably knowledgeable source.

Reply to
Joe Pfeiffer