95 plymouth voyager freeze plug

I need a easier way to remove a freeze plug i was told to drive a screwdriver thru the center of the plug then pry it out with vice grips i have tryed this method for around 10 hours in the last 3 days im hoping there is a better solution on removing this stubborn thing please let me know what kind of tools i may need and exactly what i need to do thanks

Reply to
chipwilson

In my High School auto shop class, we would use a 3/8" or slightly larger punch with a hammer, and strike the plug near the inside edge. This would usually knock the plug so that it was sideways in the hole.

then pull it out. Using a screw driver or small punch would usually just punch through the plug.

-Kirk Matheson

Reply to
kmatheson

Yup,,, what he said... knock it sideways and pull it out with a pliers..

Reply to
me!