96 Stratus 2.0/5spd Hesitation/Rough Idle

My 96 Stratus 2.0/5spd/105K Miles is running rough lately, particularly at low RPM. At highway speeds its OK, unless I have to accelerate up a hill. The gas mileage is OK--around 30MPG. It burns around a quart of oil every

1500 miles--no smoke however.

The codes that I'm getting thru the dash are:

a.. 31 Bad evaporator purge solenoid circuit or driver and a.. 43 Peak primary coil current not achieved with max dwell time OR a.. 43 Cylinder misfire OR a.. 43 Problem in power module to logic module interface

I got the code interpretations from

I already tried the following:

New fuel filter, New Plugs. The plugs seemed to help for around 500 miles, then it was back to the same hesitation.

Any educated guesses based on my description and the codes as to what may need to be replaced next?

Thanks

Jon

Reply to
JL

A good set of plug wires!!

Glenn Beasley Chrysler Tech

Reply to
maxpower

New plug wires did the job. No more hesitation or rough idle.

Reply to
JL

If the problem is fixed the monitors in the PCM will clear the codes once it has seen 3 good trips

Glenn Beasley Chrysler Tech

Reply to
damnnickname