1998 Plymouth Voyager "Service Engine" codes

Slow city driving in the rain today when, with no warning or mishap, the "Service Engine Soon" light came on. No symptoms, car runs fine. Tried the ignition key on-off-on-off-on trick and got the "Service Engine Soon" light to blink out codes: 12 43 55. Alpar.com interprets this as two codes, 12 and 43 with 55 as "end of codes" delineator. The 12 code is: "Battery or Computer recently disconnected" The 43 code is: "Peak primary coil current not achieved with max dwell time...OR...Cylinder misfire...OR...Problem with power module to logic module interface" Yikes! A few days ago I had a mechanic repair a slight leak of transmission fluid at the radiator connection... perhaps he disconnected the battery as a safety measure before doing the work. But the other items?? Anybody have any idea how I could differentiate among the three possibilitiues for code 43? Also, is there a way to reset the system so that the "Service Engine Soon" light will go out? Thanks.

Reply to
kitkitleary

A cylinder misfire occurred. How many miles on this vehicle and when was the last tune up done with a good set of plug wires? The check engine lite will go out after the problem has been fixed/or if it doesn't occur again after the monitors have passed.

Glenn Beasley Chrysler Tech

Reply to
maxpower

Hi:

I had similar problem on my 98 Plymouth voyage a month ago. First, I replaced spark plug, it corrected problem some what. Then I replaced all the spark plug wires. The problem is totally gone. Try that first and see if it will go away.

Mike

Reply to
szhao01