'96 T&C Windshield wiper problem

Suddenly, the windshield wipers are working crazily. The washer works fine. But the 1st click of the control, that previously had about a 10-15 second delay between strokes, makes it wipe about every second, with only a slight pause between strokes. The next click has NO pause between strokes and the rest of the clicks turns them off completely. Am I not holding my mouth right? TIA

John

Reply to
Fieronut