'96 T&C Windshield wiper question

My windshield wipers ONLY work if 1) I press the thing in to wash the windshield or 2) after the engine has been driven for (depending on outside temp) an hour or so.

AND THEN it only works on the 1st click--which would be intermittent--(none of the other clicks work) but it is the speed that is about the 3-4 click--not fast but also not intermittent.

I have put on a different signal arm and WW motor from a wrecking yard Dodge Caravan but that changed nothing.

I'm stumped!

John

Reply to
Fieronut