starting problem '96 T & C

The starter turns over for about 3-4 seconds then stops. No gauges work. Then if it sets for about 30 seconds, the gauges come back on and it starts--every time. Starter switch or starter?

TIA John

Reply to
Fieronut

loose/bad battery cables is what I'd check first.

Ted

Reply to
Ted Mittelstaedt

I'd guess ignition switch or battery connection first ... the starter on this vehicle is as close to indestructible as they come and if it turns over at all, it shouldn't stop after 3-4 seconds ... though stranger things have happened.

Reply to
Walter

There appears to be some crud on the battery terminals. Gonna clean it off and see if that fixes it. Thanx for the tips.

John

Reply to
Fieronut