97 Grand Voyager A/C, Fan and Heater works on high, not on low?

I have a '97 Grand Voyager The A/C, Vent and Heater both blow when switched to high but not at low or any middle fan setting.

The cool and heat work just fine.

I read of a set a few years back on holding down a few buttons on the panel to "reset" it?

Kbaker

Reply to
Kbaker

Blower motor resistor, passenger side firewall next to wheel well

Reply to
Mark

Thanks Do you know what this item looks like? I looked all over the wheel well. On my 1997 I see the brake fluid reservoir, a few connectors and lines for air conditioning.

Is it big, small ? Easy to see and get to or not easy?

Kbaker

"Mark" wrote in news:3kOnc.11506$ snipped-for-privacy@news4.srv.hcvlny.cv.net:

Reply to
kANDLe

Reply to
Jack Pucci

Thanks Jack, I did see that connection but did not know that it was the Blower motor resistor. To do this I must:

1)un-plug the wire harness 2)pull the unit out of the firewall? (what's on the other side?) 3)insert the new part into the firewall 4)re-plug the wire harness.

Is this easier or harder than it seems to be?

Kbaker

Reply to
kANDLe

Access can be a bit tricky. Often the connector is corroded onto the resistor block connection and very difficult to get off. You might just try to release the resistor block from the firewall, with the wiring still connected. Undo a couple of clamps to get the connector and block out where you can work on it better. When I bought my new resistor, it came with a new wiring connector and 8 inches or so of wire tail to splice into the existing engine wiring harness. When you get it out, it has only the resistor windings on the other side. It is as easy as you say for the steps, but due to access and stuck connector, you may find it not so quick. Make sure to use plenty of di-electric on the new connection to prevent future corroding and sticking if the connector.

Reply to
Mike