97 Plymouth Grand Voyager SE Problem

Hello. I have a 97 Plymouth Grand Voyager SE with 197,000 miles. Recently the service engine soon light started coming on and the van started stalling at idle. I took it to a dealer and they couldnt find anything wrong with it except Map Sensor/ Baro which I already had replaced. I also had it at a Chevron Service Dept and they also could not figure out the problem. I can drive down the interstate and the Service Engine light will go out and the van will run fine then at any time the light might come back on and start the van stalling. Does anyone know what else might be causing this problem? The engine is the

3.3 Litre and the van is the SE with the MK III kit.

Thanks in advance.

Jeff

Reply to
Jeff

Your gonna have to perform the diagnostic test procedure on the map sensor circuit. If you are loosing the 5volt supply, or ground or the sense wire has a problem it will turn on the lite. A bad PCM will also cause this problem.

Glenn Beasley Chrysler Tech

Reply to
maxpower

Your gonna have to perform the diagnostic test procedure on the map sensor circuit. If you are loosing the 5volt supply, or ground or the sense wire has a problem it will turn on the lite. A bad PCM will also cause this problem.

Glenn Beasley Chrysler Tech

Reply to
maxpower

"Jeff" a écrit dans le message de news: snipped-for-privacy@v4g2000hsf.googlegroups.com...

Sometimes it is not the map sensor itself but the connector to the sensor. There are 3 wires to the plug and one might defect due to the vibration or rusted even. Get a second hand one for about 5$ with about 12 inches of wire and try it. Good luck. L.G.R.

Reply to
L.G.R.

Shooting from the hip I'd say vacuum line leak or throttle body needs cleaning. But there's lots that can go wrong with an engine with that kind of mileage. You need to get someone who can give it a complete diagnosis, and that means stuff like checking fuel pressure, changing the fuel filters, measuring the inches of manifold vacuum, pulling and reading all the plugs, checking the O2 sensors for proper operation, etc.

You don't need someone who just pulls codes and replaces what the computer says to replace. That's what the last 2 places did.

Ted

Reply to
Ted Mittelstaedt

If the fault is A Map Barometric fault it would having nothing to do with engine vacuum. Strictly electrical. The OP should find out what the exact fault code is to determine what his problem could be.

Glenn

Reply to
maxpower