97 Plymouth Grand Voyager Transmission Woes

Hello,

I have a question concerning the automatic transmission on my 97 Plymouth Grand Voyager SE.

(3.3 Liter V6, AT, 122K miles)

My van started leaking transmission fluid recently at a fairly high rate. When shifting from Park to Reverse to Drive, etc I get a slight hesitation before the transmission will catch and put power to the wheels. Today I put in one half quart of transmission fluid (it was actually that low) and the problem went away until most of fluid leaked out again within a couple of hours. So I put it on a lift and found where the leak appears to be coming from. Approximately 4 inches past the transmission screen access panel in the general area of the transaxle. Fluid is leaking and flowing down to the bottom of the vehicle.

Has anyone in this group experienced the problem? If so what is the fix? Is it expensive? Any advice/help is appreciated.

Tom

Reply to
sariwa1