98 Intrepid oil light flickers at idle when engine hot

I have read there is a TSB (08-36-99) on this problem that I have been experiencing lately. I have purchased the wire terminal/vent p/n
05017800AA mentioned in the TSB and I want to install it myself. I would like to know the location of the oil pressure switch on the 2.7L engine. I have looked under the engine (passenger's side) and I see 3 units. From the firewall towards the front of the car they are: a black one, an orange one and a green one (these are the connectors' colors). I suspect the green one is the oil pressure switch but I'm not sure. If it is the one, how do I remove the switch connector from the switch? Something seems to lock it in place and I can't see the typical plastic tabs. If anyone has experience with this could you please share it. Thanks much, Dan
Dan Brenner wrote:

I am not sure about the location of the oil pressure switch on your engine, but it is a green fitting adjacent to the oil filter on the 3.2L engine. There is probably a place to press the connector to remove it. Here is the TSB you are referring to; consult the factory service manual for more information with graphics.
Technical Service Bulletin 08-36-99
SUBJECT: Engine Oil Pressure Light Flicker
OVERVIEW: This bulletin involves adding a terminal/wire/vent to the oil pressure switch connector.
MODELS: 1998-1999 (LH) Concorde/Intrepid
NOTE: This bulletin applies to vehicles equipped with a 2.7L engine
SYMPTOM/CONDITION: With a hot engine the oil pressure light may be on or flicker on at idle.
DIAGNOSIS: Verify engine oil pressure as described on page 9-21 of the 1999 Concorde/Intrepid/LHS/300M service manual. If engine oil pressure is withing specification perform the Repair Procedure.
PARTS REQUIRED:
1 05017800AA Wire Terminal/Vent
REPAIR PROCEDURE: 1. Raise vehicle on suitable hoist. 2. Remove engine oil pressure switch connector from switch. 3.) Remove sealing dart from the empty cavity at the rear of the connector. 4.) Pull terminal locking ring outward from front (switch) side of connector to gain access to terminal locking tabs. 5.) Install wire terminal/vent, p/n 05017800AA, in place of the removed sealing dart. Slide locking ring back into place. 6.) Attach the connector back on the oil pressure switch. 7.) Spot tape the wire/vent to follow the harness towards the top of the engine compartment.
POLICY: Reimbursable within the provisions of the warranty.
TIME ALLOWANCE: Labor Operation No: 08-90-65-96 .................. 0.2 Hrs.
FAILURE CODE: P8 - New Part
Form TSB-003 Rev. 1.07
Out of warranty?? That'll be $125, please. Oh, and please help yourself to a complimentary cup of day old coffee while you wait all day for your car.

Dan;
Oil pressure switch connector body is light green in color. 1 wire coming out of it. With the engine off, that wire should be grounded to the chassis. Lock tab is probably facing away from you.
The crank shaft position sensor connector body is black. Don't know off-hand what the orange connector is.
Dan Brenner wrote:

assuming that the oil pressure switch is not leaking and is still good, take apart the connector and remove the rubber plug inside it and clean it out, connect the connector back to the sending unit, that is basically all the vent package is, if you are gonna go thru all that trouble you may as well replace the sending unit, i think the part is about 30 bucks

replying to maxpower, Mopar Steve wrote: Anybody know if this problem also occurred with the 3.5 L engine?