99 GCS Battery

Hi,

My 99 Grand Caravan Sport 3.8L is not turning over. There is a ticking sound so I don't think it is the starter. It might be the battery. The power locks are clicking like crazy. There are buzzing sounds behind the dash. Radio not working. Odometer is very dim. And finally the horn is very faint.

Is this a sign of a dead battery?

My van has about 37,000 miles. How long does other people battery last in their van? Who makes Chrsyler battery?

Thanks. Mike

Reply to
mike

If you can get 5 years out of a car battery your doing really well. In harsh climates (hot or cold) 3 or 4 years is more the norm.

If the battery in the vehicle is the original one it's probably shot or close to being shot.

Ted

Reply to
Ted Mittelstaedt

Yep, probably your battery. My 2001 Minivan battery lasted only 2 years before it went out. I don't know who makes Chrysler's batterys. Good Luck

Reply to
Richard Benner Jr

Given the absence of any actual voltage measurements, yes.

I've had OEM batterys fail at two years. Mileage is irrelevant.

Johnson Controls.

Reply to
Neil Nelson

Thanks for all the response. Bought a new battery and everything is fine now. Tested the old battery and there was a bad cell.

Mike

Reply to
mike