changing battery in 99 maxima

had to replace the battery in a 99 nissan maxima, got the battery and when we hooked it up, an alarm went off.

we noticed 2 relay horn plugs, horn 2 and horn 3.

we disconnected horn 3 and got the battery hooked up, car runs fine.

however, we notice a clicking in the horn like the alarm is trying to go off. no alarm clicker came with the car, didn't know there was an alarm. found out there is an engine disabling alarm and we think we have done something wrong.

we did not re-hook up the relay horn 3 plug. should we do this and if so, how?

thanks for your help.

Reply to
hipgema

This seems like the long way round.

Keep all the relays in place. Just walk up to the ignition switch while the alarm is going. Place your key in the ignition. Turn the key, clockwise, until the main ignition is "on."

The alarm will go off. Remove the key. Close and lock the door. Close the hood. You are done.

If this doesn't work, I don't think you have a Nissan alarm in there.

Reply to
jmattis