'99 LHS Have you heard this one?

I have a 99 LHS that is getting hard to start. I know of one other that has the same problem. It seems that you have to turn the key on

2-3-4-5-sometimes 10 or more times to get it to start. I tried putting the bat charger on it and that helped for awhile. But now it dosen't make any differance. If I leave the key on and count to 10 before trying the start position it seems to help and it might start 7 out of 10 times. Any ideas?

thanks dave email doesn't work right now, so please post reply.

Reply to
liteflyer 1

So, is the reason it isn't starting that the starter is not spinning the motor, or is it spinning but not firing?

If the starter is not spinning, do a voltage drop troubleshooting process on the power string to see if maybe the ignition switch contact is bad or if the power bus is weak. One place that can cause problems is the connection at the positive jump node. Any connection point is suspect (including at the battery terminals), hence the suggestion for measuring voltage drop at various places.

If you're not sure how to use the meter in this manner, measure the battery voltage between pos. and neg. jump nodes, both with ignition off and while attempting to crank (two values) and post back.

Bill Putney

Reply to
mic canic