99 Stratus 2.5 V6 Timing Belt Change Interval

Anyone know the interval for changing the timing belt?

Getting close to 60K miles and thought about changing it out.

The owners manual only shows the interval for the 4 cylinders and not the V6.

On the net, I've seen anywhere from 60K to 100K to not changing it at all!

Gates has the complete kit with the tensioners, and I also thought about changing the water pump too since I was in there.

Anyone else have any suggestions, anything else I need to look at on a 60K mile checkup?

Thanks, Mike

Reply to
Mike

I don''t have a recommendation one way or t'other, but the Gates on-line timing belt guide shows the change interval on that engine as 60k, and indicates it as an interference engine - so just be aware of the consequences of a wrong decision to wait.

Bill Putney

100K according to Chrysler, according to my local garage.

Martin

Reply to
Martin Boer