99 T&C Bake bleeding problem

Hi All:

I replaced all 4 of my pads/rotors on my 99T&C AWD.

And I replaced and adjusted the parking brake shoes (now they work properly! - It seems the dealer never could make them function). What a crappy design. The bearing and baking plate has to be removed to replace the parking brake pads. I think it's impossible to adjust the parking brake pads without removing the rotor, because the inspection plug is inaccessable. If your parking brake is seized because the lever rusted, you can't back off the adjuster to remove the rotor. Why couldn't they spend the extra $1 to make the lever/actuator/rivet out of stainless steel. The parking brake pads should never need replacing. ($175Canadian from the dealer, $115 from NAPA)

So far so good. I decided it was a good idea to renew the brake fluid, (two man method) so I went through about a liter of new brake fluid bleeding all the wheel cylinders until I saw fresh fluid. However, after I was just about finished with the right front, fluid stopped flowing out the bleeder. In fact, the flex line doesn't appear to get pressurized when the brake is applied and certainly that caliper doesn't move either. The other three wheel cylinders are OK. Now I've got 3 out 4 wheels with brakes.

Any Tips? Would the pressurized flushing the dealer offers solve my problem?

Thanks

Will

Reply to
Will Halina