A/C prob 96 Grand Caravan

I have a 96 Grand Caravan and the compressor works intermittently. I have checked the R-134a pressures and it seems ok. This problem seems to be in the control circuit for the clutch since if I cycle the compressor switch in the cab it will often come on for a time or even work till the car is turned off. I don't have a wiring diagram to troubleshoot the circuit and was wondering if some of the experienced people who post here was aware of a common problem with this.

TIA, Mike

Reply to
<mnewchu

A cycling compressor clutch usually means the refrigerent charge is low,however Chryslers are known for having defective themister switch,located in the high pressure ac line.It has three wires going to it.Chrysler offers an updated replacement part.System needs to be scaned for proper diagnosis.

Reply to
nitro

Thanks for your help, I'll check into that.

Reply to
<mnewchu

Reply to
maxpower