Battery terminal bolt replacement

Is it possible to replace just the bolts on the battery cables? The terminal clamps are still in useable condition, but the nuts are

*rounded* so that a wrench won't stay on them anymore.

Would most auto part stores have the replacment bolts?

Thanks,

-KM

Reply to
kmatheson

Since no one knows what kind of vehicle this is it would be hard to answer such a question. Some bolts are part of the harness.

Glenn Beasley Chrysler Tech

Reply to
damnnickname

It is a 1990 Dodge Spirit. It has the conventional (top of battery) terminals, as opposed to the GM *side terminal* style.

I realize that I could replace both cables to as a solution too, but they are still in useable condition, from what I can tell.

-KM

Reply to
kmatheson

Any decent auto supply will have replacement square-headed bolts and hex nuts packaged together.

Reply to
John Kunkel

yes those are replaceable

Glenn Beasley Chrysler Tech

Reply to
maxpower

Thanks for the responses. Replacements were only $1.49 at the parts store. I also got some spray on terminal protectant. The felt washers did not hold up very well. The battery, if you can believe it, is almost 9 years old. The warranty was only for 6 years.

-KM

Reply to
kmatheson