Book Value For 2004 Pacifica

My wife sent me her christmas wish list:

1- Chrysler Pacifica 2- Acura MDX 3-Toyota Highlander

Must Have:

-4x4 or SUV or AWD

-7 passenger seating or third row seating

I'm baffled by the 7 passenger crap as we we only have 2 kids but the Pacifica seems more in my price range and a local Ford dealership in smithtown L.I lists a 2004 AWD model for $21,995. Is this reasonable? My instinct is to bypass dealers and negotiate with a private owner.

Reply to
tito

forget to say.......... the mileage on this Smithtown offer is 16k

Reply to
tito

Check

or
And their prices are probably on the high side.

Also check prices on new ones. They get medicore gas mileage and there are probably big incentives to move new ones, especially the Pacifica.

Reply to
Art

is a good place to check prices.

------------ Alex

Reply to
Alex Rodriguez

All the cars on his/her list get mediocre mileage, at best.

Reply to
Alex Rodriguez

it's a funny old business this autos lark...people expect there to always be dealers available to sort out their emergency problems and when it suits their needs but they don't want to actually buy vehicles from them if they can possibly help it...lol

i often wander back in my imagination to the earliest days of the automobile to try to figure it out....was the first crooked car deal caused by an iffy dealer or an iffy customer?

no matter...nowadays people don't trust the dealers but believe me....dealers don't trust the customers either....with good reason too!

Reply to
Simon