Brake Dust - 2000 Concorde LX1 with Chrome Wheels

A friend of mine who is more "car savvy" than I am suggested I change the brakes on the car I just bought. I looked at the pads and, frankly, I'm not one to through money away; there's significant pad left and the rotors are fair (slight traces of scoring.... or build up). This forces me to raise the question: "Is there really any SIGNIFICANT difference in the character "brake dust" patterns of common mid to high end (price) brake pads? In other words: Q1) Are there some that leave SIGNIFICANTLY less brake dust on chrome wheels than others in this price range (exclude the low end pads)? Q2) If there are, what are the recommended pads... and you might as well through in the recommended rotor manufacturer as well.

Reply to
John Gregory