Burned out signal light 300m (how to change)

How can I get into the dash to change a signal light bulb on a 300m?

Reply to
Steve

Remove cluster bezel, remove cluster.

Bill Putney

I should add some detail: You will need to remove steering wheel tilt lever and steering column upper and lower covers (torx screws from underneath column) before romoving bezel. Steering wheel will have to be dropped to lowest position at some point to get bezel off. May have to remove driver side dash end cap to get bezel off (some screws in that area also).

Bulbs removable from back side of cluster.

Bill Putney

I could not figure out how to take the bezel off. I removed the 2 screws on the top but something was holding it on the bottom. I searched the net and could not find the info.

Steve

Reply to
Steve

Unreal. I took almost the whole car apart and when I was finally at the instrument panel I could not get it out.

Reply to
Steve

Read my second post. The bezel is part of a piece in the dash that extends over to the driver's side far end - that's why I added about removing the end cap and some screws there. The oval shaped trim piece surrounding the headlight switch is part of that piece that is attached to the bezel.

You'll also have to remove the lower dash trim piece (dash trim panel below steering column) to expose screws attaching the part that the bezel is attached to to the dash.

Bill Putney

I got all the way to the instrument cluster but I could not get it out. I saw 4 screws, took them all out, and I could place my hands around the cluster.

Reply to
Steve

The cluster plugs into connectors in the back - that's what's holding it. The FSM says it can take 30 lbs. of force to pull it out. It also mentions that the tabs at the bottom of the cluster are provided so that a "hook" type device can be used to aid in removal.

When I removed my Concorde cluster, I just grabbed it and pulled it - I guess I'm just used to working with large electrical connectors without really giving it a lot of thought.

Sounds like you're gettin' close! 8^)

Bill Putney

And now you know the value of the FSM. Has complete illustrated instructions.

Steve wrote:

Reply to
Mike Behnke

I bought one a couple of days ago on ebay, waiting for delivery. I paid $5, it's on CD.

Steve

Reply to
Steve

More precisely, the value of the FSM *and* talking to someone who has done it. I added some detail and left out some useless b.s. that's in the FSM. 8^)

Bill Putney