can't find A/C relays

My A/C compressor won't run. The A/C shop said the A/C is ok, it is an electrical problem which they don't work on.

I have re-drawn the A/C section of the chassis electrical drawing in my Chilton manual, so I can see it better. Now I have some checks I want to do with the relays and sensors, but I don't know which relay is which. I see 5 relays along the driver side in the engine compartment and 2 on the passenger side. Which one is what? I at least need to know which is the "low speed fan relay" and the "Compressor Clutch Relay", but I would like to know what all of them are for.

Also I seem to have an extra sensor that wasn't on the Chilton drawing. I have always known where the Low Pressure Senser Switch is, but these other ones I am not famiier with. I think I see the "Clutch Cycling Switch" kind of attached to the H valve back on the firewall. Also by checking the wire colors I think I found the "High Pressure Cut Out switch" down below in the line from the compressor and below another unidentified thing, but before the input to the condenser. But there is another sensor on the line that goes from the condensor to the receiver/dryer, what is that? I don't see any more sensers in the Chilton drawing, so what can it be?

Thanks, Gary Stewart Reply to group or email snipped-for-privacy@nb.net (leave out the x-x)

Reply to
The Stewarts

What is the year and model of the vehicle are you working on?

Reply to
Robbie and Laura Reynolds

I see that nobody else is replying, so I'll jump in. The wiring diagrams usually have wire color notations. Look at the relays and you'll see that they can be identified by the color of the wires going to them.

Reply to
Robbie and Laura Reynolds

I think we were waiting for the OP to answer your first question yr and model.

Reply to
maxpower

Yeah, he kind of disappeared....

Reply to
Robbie and Laura Reynolds

I can't believe I left out the vehicle info., but obviously I did. This is a nice group, no one stuck it to me for being so stupid.

It is a 93 Grande Caravan with a 3.3 V6

Thanks for any help you can give.

Gary Stewart

Reply to group or email snipped-for-privacy@nb.net (leave out the x-x)

Reply to
The Stewarts

Probably just a coincidence.

Reply to
Robbie and Laura Reynolds

Thats only because Daniel Stern hasnt read it yet.

Reply to
maxpower