chrysler concorde

My 94 chrysler concorde timing belt broke and was replaced on 9/03. Now the engine overheated and they are charging another $3500 for repairs. Why would it overheat? I just had the oil changed two weeks ago by the same people.

Reply to
nursemichelle

Thermostat went bad. Can happen any time. There are other possibilities too.

Reply to
Art

One (the previous repair, or recent oil change) may have very little to do with the other (overheating damage). For example, perhaps your engine cooling fans quit working for any one of a number of possible reasons and you contimued driving it. Did you have the water pump replaced when the t-belt was replaced?

Bill Putney