Chrysler Masserati

Any one out there in Chrysler Land have any information on that Vehicle, I have a Friend that has a Masserati by Chrysler is there such a thing. I would appreciate some information if available. Thanks Emil

Reply to
Emil

Basically a Chrysler Le Baron with a fancy interior and a fancy, and expensive, head on the engine.

--------------- Alex

Reply to
Alex Rodriguez

Reply to
philthy

The vehicle is no different then a Lebaron, nothing special about the engine, its just different cosmetically interior and exterior. If you worked on a Lebaron you can work on this vehicle

Glenn Beasley Chrysler Tech

Reply to
maxpower

Wrong. There are many, many parts unique to the "Chrysler's TC by Maserati", as the vehicle is properly known. Not just body and trim parts (Headlamp assemblies have been discontinued for years and command four-figure prices on the used-parts market IF you can find them). Mechanical parts as well. Much of the brake system is not shared with any other vehicle, for instance. Go price a master cylinder for an '88-'91 Chrysler's TC by Maserati and let us know what you find in terms of part number, price and availability-that is *if* you can find one available.

True only if the particular car in question has the 3.0 Mitsu V6. The

4-cylinder cars were a TC-by-Maserati-onl;y 16v version of the 2.2 engine. Not the same 16v 2.2 used in the Turbo-III cars (Spirit R/T and IROC R/T) of '91-'93, either. LOTS of unique, expensive and discontinued parts under the hood! Manifolds, head, spark plug wires, airbox, ECM and a great many others. The TC by Maserati 4-cylinder cars also used a GM-Harrison R4 air conditioner compressor. They fail just as often under the hood of a Chrysler as they do under the hood of a Chevrolet; they're not too hard to repair, but the A/C lines are model-specific and no longer available.

You obviously have never been closer than 10 feet away from one. It is equally obvious you still like to post ignorant drabble in response to genuine questions.

Reply to
Daniel J. Stern

Hey lite bulb, and I thought you weren't reading my post's. I work on these vehicles all the time, they are just like Lebarons, yes there are parts and different ways of diagnosing them but as I said Mr. Lite bulb, if you can work on a Lebaron you can work on one of these. The biggest difference is the interior/exterior design. Now please climb back into your hole.

Glenn Beasley Chrysler Tech

Reply to
maxpower

Why anyone would WANT the Dodgerati is another issue entirely unless you were a Maserati completist. Everything peculiar to them is unobtanium plus, they were a crappy car.

Reply to
RapidRonnie

unavailable and/or staggeringly expensive parts, shoddy Italian build "quality" applied to Chrysler's own not-so-hot late-1980s body and interior fixtures and fitments, and to all but the keenest of observers, they look like a (better quality, less costly to run) LeBaron.

Of course, even Yugos and Subaru 360s and K-cars and Ford Clown Victorias have their enthusiasts, so it stands to reason there's a Chrysler's TC by Maserati enthusiast community.

Same goes for the Cadillac Allante.

Reply to
Daniel J. Stern

maxpower wrote first this:

And then this:

Same ol' Glenn Beasley, full of contradictory, ignorant bullshit, typing to hear his keyboard rattle.

Thank you for using an apostrophe to indicate helpfully that I was approaching the letter "s" at the end of your sentence. As it happens, you and all your sock puppets are in my killfile, but another individual who sees through you sent me an e-mail pointing at your particularly braindead remarks about the TC and suggested I go have a laugh at your expense.

Running the washrack doesn't count as "working on" a car.

...if you can find and afford the parts.

Reply to
Daniel J. Stern

Reply to
philthy

Crown Vics, at least of the vintages I have owned, and Town Cars have proven reliable battlewagons and very maintainable aside from a few quirks (like the difficulty of changing a thermostat on the 5 liter EFI V8) that with a little toolmaking and patience are get-aroundable.

This isn't to say other years may not be nightmares. All mine had various pushrod V8s and C-something or AOD boxes if that tells you. No experience with the OHC modular.

Reply to
RapidRonnie

Yawn

Our shop doesn't give up. so far we haven't ran into that problem. My guess is since you don't want to work on them and wish to blow them out of your shop, you tell the owner that the part is not available anymore.. another tactic used by the independents.

Please Mr. Bulb. I like it better when you were in your hole

Reply to
maxpower

"Daniel J. Stern" wrote

Hey you left out my favourite, the TRABANT! 2-stroke smokers unite!

Seriously, what I mostly liked about the several K-cars I owned was the way you could go to pull-it-yourself recycle yards and get virtually any part you needed for $5. One time I even found a brand-new complete exhaust system, and the car had even been tilted on its side before I got there, just inviting me to help myself.

Reply to
Dave Gower

Yep. And there's a good reason for that!

Reply to
Daniel J. Stern