Chrysler Minivan Owners Forum Open!!

I would like to invite all owners of Chrysler Mini-Vans to come by and register for the Chrysler Mini-Van Fan Club. We are a new forum and website dedicated to owners of Chrysler Mini-vans. We offer a place to discuss issues specific to your model of Chrysler product as well as a place to make new friends. We are located at

and as well at =
Please come by and join and participate in our new and growing community. Regards Glen Administrator

Administrator

The minivan would be a great package for me. I really like the older ones especially. However, there's only two kinds of minivan owners: those with tranny problems and those about to have tranny problems. I just can't afford it.

Reply to
WasteNotWantNot

I'm on my 3rd Chryco minivan. All have been bought used, 1st was an '89 that didn't have the fluid changed. The tranny was rebuilt under warranty at almost 70,000 miles. I serviced it regularly & had no problems when I traded it in with 125,000 miles on the second one. It's a '91 bought with 85,000 miles on it & a fresh rebuild. It's currently got 168,000 miles on it with the only problem being that I need to replace the motor mounts. Haven't had problem one with the transmission. Bought the latest, a '99 Town & Country last with 50,000 miles on it. Currently have 88,000 with no tranny problems at all. I'm not saying that these trannys don't have any problems but don't label all of them with the same broad brush. Unfortunately people are 10 times as likely to complain as to compliment.

Tom Heintz "Mopar Maniac"

Reply to
Tom & Debbie Heintz

Make that three kinds, those that have had no problems at all. The '89 Voyager went to approx 185K before it was wrecked, the "92 was sold to a friend at 190k, now has a little over 200,000 and is still plugging along, my current '02 has 19K and is flawless. I'm sitting here knocking on wood as I type this...

Denny

Reply to
Denny

And you are parroting an old tape without checking your facts. My 1996 Grand Voyager has 140,000 miles on the original transmission with no problems. This is about as good as most vehicles are.

I don't think the more recent minivans have transmission trouble at a rate all that much different than other vehicles. I know I don't see any parade of minivans at any of my local dealers awating transmissions.

Matt

Reply to
Matthew S. Whiting

Reply to
jdoe

I am a 2 time owner of Chrysler minivans. The first was a 1988 Plymouth Grand Voyager which had over 250,000 miles on it when I traded it for a 2000 Dodge Caravan this past June. Did I have to replace the tranny on the '88? Yep...at 175,000 miles of hard courier delivery driving. But that was the only major thing I ever had to do to it.

Anyway...come by...check out our forum...and when you come by...say hi :)

Regards Glen Site Administrator - Chrysler Minivan Fan Club

Reply to
Administrator

: 320 - Release Date: 29/09/2003

Best of luck to your new group. No, I was not parroting what others say. I know of 6 cases of the failures personally. The CarShow here in Detroit has callers all the time with same. The Mopar site tells the same story of woe. Whether they have it fixed or not I can't tell. My finances dictate looking at the older ones and that was my focus. Make sure nobody puts Dexron in them. Use only the recommended AT+5 or whatever it is. My neighbor has a shop where he overhauls these transmissions. He is very busy, perhaps because he used Dex in them. (I did not count his overhauls in my 6 cases of personal knowledge.)

Reply to
WasteNotWantNot