9004 verses 9006 headlight bulbs

Paul Wrote: Does anyone know if these bulbs are interchangeable. They seem to have the same wattage and base. I have a 94 which takes the 9004 bulb. The newer vans use the 9006. Is it a better bulb more light, longer life etc. I hve some 9006 bulbs and was going to replace the 9004 in my van.

Reply to
Family

Marvin Cohen

First off, I think you're asking about 9004 vs. 9007, because these are two bulb designs which on first glance look very similar. 9006 doesn't look anything like 9004.

Secondly, no, 9007 is NOT interchangeable at all with 9004. Different filament positions, different wattages, different base keying and different terminal pinout. You could hack the bulb or the lamp to make it fit, and it still wouldn't work right.

DS

Reply to
Daniel Stern Lighting

Can you use 9006 in place 9004 on a 96 jeep grand Cherokee?

Reply to
Butch