Testing egr solenoid on Dakota

I've got a 1990 Dakota that has some problems and I needed to check the egr solenoid to see if it was working. Using a dianostic tool I'm was able to energize the solenoid but I could'nt tell if it was working or not. I'm getting voltage switches at the connector but cannot feel a click or anything. My question is shuld I feel anything or is that type of solenoid valve supposed to act quietly. I did not have time to put a vacumme testor on one of the lines to see if I was getting any switch action but since I'm getting vacume on the egr valve at idle, which I don't think I should, I figure the valve is bad. There are two other similar valves on the same mount and none of them seems to work either so I really need to know if I should be feeling anything when these are activated so I can figure out if I need to replace all of them. Any ideas?

Bill

Reply to
Bill