New Forum For Chrysler Mini-Van Owners

I would like to invite all owners of Chrysler Mini-Vans to come by and register for the Chrysler Mini-Van Fan Club.

We are a new forum and website dedicated to owners of Chrysler Mini-vans. We offer a place to discuss issues specific to your model of Chrysler product as well as a palce to make new friends.

We are located at

and as well at =
Please come by and join and participate in our new and growing community.

Regards Glen Administrator

Administrator

Man, you havent lived til you've dusted some punk in a camero with a mini van!

Reply to
Kevin

Yes, and that I would like to see.

Take a souped up minivan, I don't give a damn how hopped up you make it, you can do the same mods to a camaro, firebird, mustang, Daytona, what the hell ever, and the lighter car is going to win unless the driver ain't shit.

but, then again, you keep racing those old 4-cylinder 'stangs, hell yeah you can beat em.

Hey, don't get me wrong, I believe you /can/ beat a sports car in a minivan with the right mods, but that sports car will always have the weight advantage unless you're driving nothing but a shell and he's in a stock config. Even then I have my doubts.

CB

Reply to
Circuit Breaker

........... post questions and not have to put up with butt-ugly, loser a**holes such as you. I'll bet you worship the confederate flag, don't you????

Reply to
RPhillips47

I agree, my point is you cannot stereotype any vehicle, performance wise. There are some terribly slow "performance" cars and some hot "family" cars.

KS

Reply to
Kevin

There are a *few* turbo minivans out there that can beat fairly modified Camaros and Mustangs. The turbo 2.2/2.5 engines are just remarkable little machines. Folks have pulled 300+ reliable horsepower out of them, and a few have pulled over 400 front-wheel horsepower.

Steve

Figures.............!

Reply to
RPhillips47

Second that... Besides life is more than just driving something that will pass anything except a gas station. Eventually testosterone and addrenaline yield to the fun of family outings and the practicality of a multi-purpose vehicle. I've got 200,000 miles on my '89 voyager and I've never regretted the purchase. Oppie

Reply to
Oppie

Fortunately my glands haven't shrivelled up to that point at age 40 :-) I enjoy nothing more than piling the family in the '69 Coronet R/T convertible and heading out for a weekend trip. A/C blasting or top down, makes no difference to us. The modern car gets flogged to death in the daily grind, the old iron is used for family fun.

Reply to
Steve

Perhaps, I date myself by saying that I'm not proud, or tired, but while I have a fair amount of experience with automobil engines, I kind of gave up after they got fuel injected and electronic ignition and the like. Anyway, the damn 1994 Plymouth Voyager 6 cylinder (3.3 I think) won't continue running. It starts right up if you spray some starting fluid into the air intake, but then it dies. Just a dirty fuel filter I hope, BUT WHERE THE HECK IS IT! I'm used to seeing a

3/8ths inch tube with an inline filter going into the carberator, but not on this baby. Anyone know?

-John

Reply to
JRW

"MoPar Man" had a bad day and took it out on innocent bystanders as follows:

Next time you need to take home some 4X8 sheets see how well they fit in your 300M.

Reply to
Dave Gower

Some people have got NO sense of humor. Funny how so many humorless people on r.a.m.c. are minivan owners.... is it cause or effect I wonder?

:-p

Reply to
Steve

"Steve" wrote

Oh I don't know. I thought my reply was supremely witty.

Reply to
Dave Gower

Not exactly sure where it is located on a 1994, but owned a 1990 and now own a 1999 and have changed the filter in both.

In the 1990, the fuel filter was located under the vehicle on the passenger side in the fuel line from the tank. The replacement part was cylindrical in shape 1-2" in diameter and about 2-4" long with a bracket to mount to the body and fairly easy to get to and change. I do not recall if there were high pressure clips or hose clamps used to make the two fuel line connections.

On the 1999, I knew there was a design change when I purchased the replacement filter from the auto parts store. The filter came in a 30" long box and had three hose lines already permanently connected to it. The filter was located just in front of the rear axle near the center of the vehicle right in front of the gas tank. It had a bolt or two and three high pressure clips to make the connection to the fuel line. On my T&C (extended length - Grand equivalent), the location of one of the clips was a real PITA to get at and make sure that it locked down completely. I had to loosen a few of the gas tank hold down bolts to drop the tank about an inch or so to be able to get at this clip.

If the 1994 is like the 1990, then I would say it will be a breeze once you locate the part. If it is like the 1999, then unless you are mechanically inclined and do the majority of your own maintenance, then take it in to have this service performed. I recommend this because I can't imagine what would happen if the clips are not properly installed and you have gasoline spraying right over the hot exhaust system...

Good luck! And, BTW, my guess is that the problem is not your fuel filter, but your fuel pump > >

Reply to
Bob Shuman

Glen,

You just answerred one of my questions. I went to the new discussion group and couldn't (at a first glance) determine what was 1st gen, 2nd gen or what.

The '89 runs like a top still. Motor was getting a bit tired so I rebuilt it at 150K. Sent the stripped down block to a shop and a total rebuild cost $1300 (usd). While the motor was out, sent the tranny out for a rebuild too, $400 with a new torque converter. Rebuilt half shafts $120/set. Just did struts, bushings and ball joints. It's like I only have 50,000 miles on it again . Muffler has been replaced twice but all the exhaust pipes are still the originals. Impressive! Oppie

ps - as for the high performance folks, to each thier own. Enjoy the ride.

Reply to
Oppie

Ha. No - I take them home in my 2001 Dodge Ram SLT Laramie standard cab long box with power leather seats, auto-dimming rear-view, heated external mirrors, heavy-duty cooling, limited slip differential - the works. Built especially for me in March 2001 (have the monroney window sheet to prove it).

Yea, I see people struggling at Building box / home depot to cram stuff into their minivan. What a sad excuse for an all purpose vehicle. The minivan is a comprimize (the PT cruiser takes that an extra step toward the absurd - but at least it's interesting to look at while minivans are just plain visual road garbage). Nope - I do fine with my 300M and Ram - way better than having a minivan - or the Pacifica.

Reply to
Mopar Man

..........and proved to be the actual a**hole we all knew he was.

WOW! Built especially for him in March 2001 and he has the sticker to prove it. Betcha it is very similar to the one I have for my '96 T&C LXi that was especially built for me in May 1996. Big deal!!!

Reply to
RPhillips47

Doubt he has either, Matt!

Reply to
RPhillips47

Look - So I'm touching a nerve because some (many? most?) people (probably with kids) need the ubiquitous, utilitarian, nondescript vehicle that is the mini-van as the daily driver, the family taxi, the delivery truck for those ventures into the land of the warehouse store. A good chunk of those people (women mainly) don't care that the minivan has the looks and performance of a slug. But for you guys out there - don't rang on me if the family mini-van isin't the porche or bmw or yes, even the 300M you'd rather be driving when you're not hauling plywood or the family german shepard.

And if you do own a minivan and a Sebring or 300 or other such sedan with good looks and a decent engine, well then good - you've got both bases covered. I cover the other base with a pickup. Just because I'd rather slide down the sharp end of a razor blade than own a minivan doesn't make me a redneck. And if minivan's keep Chrysler afloat well then I guess I'll just have to sit back and wait for some serious MoPar sports luxury. But you can't tell me that minivans aren't slugs...

Reply to
MoPar Man

Yeah, my suspicion also.

Matt