Chrysler Voyager Fuel problem

Hi all Please can anyone help.

When travelling in town/city in a 30 zone car will cut out then will start after resting for 10 minutes Anyone come across this before. Getting quite a problem. Had it in to Chrysler but they could not find anything wrong?? It is an 02 Voyager with 125,000 miles on the clock

Cheers

Pete

Reply to
Privacy

Generally at those speeds and below, the cooling fan will need to operate. Perhaps the cooling fan isn't running, allowing the car to overheat and stall. Cools down after a period of time and worked Ok after. (At higher speeds there's enough air flow through the radiator to cool the engine w/o the fan.)

Reply to
Dennis

That's your mistake. Dealerships don't usually see a lot of non-warranty work and are not as experienced in troubleshooting problems of older vehicles. Find a good reliable independent mechanic in your area and have him look at it.

Ted

Reply to
Ted Mittelstaedt

I needed a good laugh Ted, thanks

Reply to
maxpower

non-warranty

What part of "Had it in to Chrysler but they could not find anything wrong??" did you miss? My experience taking older vehicles into dealership service departments, although admittedly not that current anymore, matches this.

You guys had your chance, muffed it. Well, not you personally, but anytime some poor bloke with a problem walks into a dealership, plunks down a "diagnostic fee" and gets his car back with the old "we can't find anything wrong" it reflects poorly on all dealership service departments. People come to you guys partly because you have Chryslers name slapped on the side of where you work.

You ought to be pissed off and demanding the name of the dealership he took it to, so as to warn others away from it, because you feel that isn't what a good Chrysler dealership service department is all about. Why do you think this is funny?

Ted

Reply to
Ted Mittelstaedt

Come on Ted, take it easy on our resident Prima Donna.

Reply to
aarcuda69062

I didnt miss any part

My experience taking older vehicles into dealership service

Ted, it goes both ways, If I could count how many times a week I get vehicles from independent garages that technicians try to fix and pawn off on me. They throw parts at these problem, unhook thing and cause error codes and make it the problem worse.

Then they tow it in and only give us the garages phone number to contact because they are to imbarrassed to have us call the acuall owner, which makes the situation even worse.

It works both ways pal.

Well, not you personally,

"That's your mistake. Dealerships don't usually see a lot of non-warranty work and are not as experienced in troubleshooting problems of older vehicles" Thats the funny part

Apperantly you have never worked for a dealer Ted. And by the way Ted, this vehicle is a 2002 Not an old vehicle. and it does use ATF4 for the power steering also

Reply to
maxpower

I'm not arguing that YOUR shop is well run. I'll take a gamble here and say that the reason your shop is even seeing those towed cars at all is because you know what your doing. I highly doubt you would be seeing those cars if your shop was run like the majority of the dealer shops around here are run.

I've seen some rediculous hair-raising stuff in independent places too. I remember one time standing in a Firestone shop (I was there to buy -tires only!-) and in the next bay over a tech somehow got a starter stuck on (how he did this without it engaging the flywheel and starting the car I'll never know) and he coudn't get it shut down and in a minute they had smoke coming out of the car. A few seconds more and the battery would have probably exploded.

But the difference is the indies don't have any reputation but what they build - a dealership garage has a reputation bestowed on it by the automaker just by virtue of being in a dealership. In your case your supposed to be competent. And you are. The indies by contrast don't have any reputation to live up to, and so if they don't then they aren't doing anything more than what is reasonably expected of them.

It may seem unfair, but if you take a car to an indie and they do a good job on it, then your going to be pleasantly surprised. If you take a car to a dealership and they botch it, your going to be unpleasantly surprised. You have more to live up to than an indie does.

non-warranty

Your dealership is not usual. Face it, of all the thousands of dealerships in the country, how many of the techs in them are on Usenet? The fact you are indicates you view your job as more than a punch-the-clock, 9-5, keeps- me-in-beer-and-pretzels kind of thing. Is it any surprise that some of the other garages in your area have figured this out?

Ted

Reply to
Ted Mittelstaedt