Front Blower Problem on a Chrysler Town & Country (2.5CRD LX)

Hi I'm re-posting this query because I think you guys in the USA may not be familiar with the Chrysler model as it is named in the UK. My car which we her call a Grand Voyager is I think a "Town & Country" model in the US. So here I go again : Please help!! I have a 2003 Chrysler Grand Voyager (AKA TOWN & COUNTRY) 2.5 CRD (UK model) with an intermittent problem. Recently with the start of winter the front blower has started playing up. Sometimes it comes on when needed, but at other times nothing happens when I switch it on. When it is not working it may suddenly spring into action after a few miles or not at all. It makes no difference what the temperature of the air is set at or whether the blower is set to windscreen, or floor heating, etc. One odd thing that I noticed is that occassionally the blower will suddenly start working (when it has not been working) after a sharp turn or sudden acceleration. This doesn't always help, and isn't always practical. I have topped up the collant in th ehope this might help but no joy. I am confused because sometimes it works perfectly. Any ideas, please?

Reply to
jak1966

I would suspect that you have a "dead spot" on your motor. Basically if your motor stops in one particular position it won't start again. When you turn sharp or whatever you jiggle the motor just to enough to get it to move past the dead spot and away you go.

You need to check the voltage at the motor when it isn't running. If there is voltage there replace the motor. If there is no voltage then start looking elsewhere for the problem.

Steve B.

Reply to
Steve B.

First most of the late model Chryslers have a blower motor resistor Located on the blower motor housing. I would suspect the Resistor plug has a bad connection -- They do make a replacement plug for a reason

Reply to
sqdancerLynn