Cordoba question

I have a chance to save a Cordoba in rust free body condition from the crusher. The trans locked up. I will probably use it for a diesel conversion project. I have a question though. it has the square headlights. Can I convert it to the round headlight by just swapping the fiberglass snout or do other panels need swapping too?

I will probably wind up putting a six cylinder Mits in it, I would prefer an Isuzu but the lightest six is almost a thousand pounds. The A series Cummins hasn't had a sterling reliability reputation either. I'm open to any ideas provided it has a carlike RPM band (i.e. not the Cummins B four) and enough power to merge in traffic (which rules out a OM 617).

Reply to
Bret Ludwig