Courtesy lights go on when I lift the door handle

My courtesy lights normally go on when I lift the door handle. That's good, but one of the switches is failing, and Chrysler has discontinued the part. It's part of the "illuminated entry" "system".

I know they used it in high-end Chrysler leBaron's from at least 1988 to 1995, but such cars are hard to find at junk yards, at least around here.

It would help if I knew what other Chrysler products used this switch, and what years. Then I could look at them too when I saw them.

Do you know?

Do you want to sell any?

I was in a junkyard last week that had '00 and '02 Chryslers, and a Sebring of unknown year, and none of them even had the place to attach this switch. (My '95 didn't come with the switches, but I had saved them when I scrapped my '88. They clipped in very easily, with plastic plugging into 2 1/8" holes, one that doesn't move and one that moves when one lifts the door latch. They are about 3 inches long and a half inch wide, with two electric wires coming out of them. But my switches are 18 years old, and one is getting dirty. I'd rather replace it than try to clean it. I have a radio whose keyboard I clean, and I have to do it every year or more often.)

Besides turning the lights on, it's my first line of defense as part of the car's burglar alarm.

Thanks a lot.

If you are inclined to email me for some reason, remove NOPSAM :-)

Reply to
mm

Maybe if you tell us what your car is, we MIGHT be able to help you out...

Reply to
FeMaster