Lights on Warning Switch Mk3 Mondeo

The Lights on Warning is not working when I open the door of my Mk3 Mondeo. This can sometimes be a PITA during daylight/Lights on conditions when you get out and forget the lights are on.

I have been looking all over the drivers side door to find a switch or some other method of actuation and I cannot find anything that would actuate the alarm.The Haynes Manual makes no mention of it.

The 'Doors Open' warning light on the dashboard is fine.

Anybody know how to fix it?

Reply to
Merryterry

Usually they rely on the door switch; the same switch that controls the internal light. So check that works first and then look in Haynes BOL for that part of the wiring circuit to check fuses, wiring etc. It may be a separate switch somewhere at the front of the door, in the column beside your shoulder or integrated into the door lock.

Reply to
Chris Dugan

As the "Doors open" light works ok then it can't be the door switch. Either the buzzer is broken or the relay that checks whether the lights are also on is faulty.

Reply to
Dave Baker

Thanks everybody. Problem sorted. I found out the alarm only works when ignition is switched off. By the way I still cant find anything that actuates the door alarms or internal lights etc. Is there a magnetic switch or similar?

Terry

Reply to
Merryterry

Back in the day the door switch on most cars was a simple little button on the door hinge pillar which the door pushed in as it closed and which could be removed in 30 seconds just by taking out a screw or two. Now it's usually a microswitch inside the lock mechanism which you can't see externally and which to get at you have to remove all the interior door trim, waterproofing sheet and the lock!

Reply to
Dave Baker